Friday, January 14, 2011

wi1 [dEsigner bio and gOaLs..rOund 2]...

     Here I am in a new year, a new semester and I can't help but wonder; am I headed in the direction I want to be headed? Am I on track to achieve the long-term goals I've set for myself? Am I truly discovering me? I'm thinking that if I have to wonder about these things, most likely I may be going astray. The time has come to get back on track, again.
     A fresh year for a fresh new attitude. When asked to list my goals for the semester it sounded fairly similar to listing new years resolutions. I find these hard to believe in because why wait til the new year? If it's an achievement you hope to accomplish, start now, start today. I want to challenge myself beyond my means. It's time to stop playing it safe and take risks, disregarding the outcome (to some extent). Manage my time so there's enough to go around. I'm forced to manipulate this set amount of hours to attain excellence. Impossible!! I want to polish my hand rendering skills discovering my own unique styles of art and work. Be able to refer to the past through my own knowledge and generate connections. Ultimately I have an appetite for becoming more highly skilled in my work as well as in my life.
     When asked to specify a list of strengths, I froze. One of the hardest occurrences for me is to talk about myself, especially since I'm not completely sure of who that is. I would like to say I'm coordinated and full of ideas. I have excellent time management skills and am always filled with great input. I have an exceptionally easy time explaining and illustrating my thoughts and objectives. Blah blah blah blah blah. The reality is, I'm human. I make mistakes and continue to learn and grow from them. Sometimes I procrastinate to a point where I'm awake for days at a time. One strength I can and will claim, however, is that I am a perfectionist and very analytical.
     This first week of classes was a wake-up call for me. It's definitely time to get my ish together and take care of business. No longer will I doubt myself or compare myself to others. I'm taking control of my life, starting now!

Self- Control, Time- Management, Life

No comments:

Post a Comment