Tuesday, January 11, 2011

wi1 [dEsigner bio and gOaLs]..

       At the beginning of every semester I always think back on what i've accomplished so far. In my year and a half in the Interior Architecture program i've definitely discovered things about myself that I never knew and have done things I didn't know I could. With all this discovery, however, I still can't help but to doubt myself. I'm surrounded by extremely talented people that i've come to admire and wonder to myself if i'll ever be as talented and creative as they are.
       In our first class of this semester we were asked to write our goals which wasn't hard. Well, my goals are to further explore myself as a designer to discover who that really is, be able to better link the past with the present (because we as designers rely on precedent), polish my writing skills; or lack there of, maintain an improved and more detailed blog to showcase my work and better manage my time (which is a never ending battle). Are these goals reachable? Of course they are, why wouldn't they be? Focus and determination I guess. But that doubt.. that doubt is always dwelling.
       When asked to name our strengths, I froze. It took a while to get started with that list. It always seems the hardest to talk about yourself, especially if you're not 100% sure of who that person is. Throughout this semester, I plan to further discover that person.
       An interesting activity we partook in during class was the Change Style Indicator test we took. Basically this test was to help show how you react to change. It was surprising to find out that I was in the “originators” category. The “originators” are the risk takers, unconventional and follow the rules but will just as easily break them. Does this describe me? Possibly, but I don't want people to think I can't be a team player and stay within boundaries. I'm like water; I can take the shape of anything you put me in. (hahaha)

Stay tuned for what happens next as the semester progresses........

Doubt Book Cover
What type of mindset i should be in.. i need to be in.. and i will be in!! (http://doubttheconventional.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment