Sunday, May 2, 2010

rEflection... (what I learned about myself)

The time has come to reflect on this final project I just finished. I’ve definitely learned some of my strengths and weaknesses. When first assigned the work, I was already nervous. We had to take measurements and draw a plan from them. Might not sound that hard, but it was crazy. One wrong measurement and your whole plan would be off. As the process progressed however it got a bit easier. I learned that perspectives are really a strength for me. I’ve always enjoyed drawing them and seeing how closely the finish product resembles the space. In this case it was seeing if the finished product was what I saw in my head because this was my personal design. A weakness I’d have to say would be laying out my board. I don’t think I put as much thought into it as I should have and it caused problems for me in the end. I’ve never had to do a project quite like this where everything was up to me. The color scheme, furniture placement, wall placements and deciding the size of things was all my ideas and visions. I’ve learned a few things about what can work in a space and what can’t. Like bathrooms don’t need to be huge in a small space, you only spend a small fraction of the day in it. Add necessities and be done. I also learned a lot you can do with concrete. Stain it and paint it, it doesn’t have to remain in its normal state. Overall, I really enjoyed this project. I absolutely feel that I’ve grown from this experience as a designer and as an artist. I’d be more confident going into another project similar to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment