Friday, February 26, 2010

My riTuaL oBject...

My ritual object is to place a two-dollar bill above the doorway of your home and this is suppose to bring good fortune into your household. My original ideas were to make a representation of a door and a small wallet to store the fortune brought in. It would have probably been about a foot long, so it would be able to sit on a shelf or counter top. There would be a specific place carved out where the wallet would sit.


Eventually, i concluded that this idea was way too literal for a representation. So i switched my idea around and made a sort of shrine for the bill to sit in that could be mounted above the doorway. This would showcase the bill, which is ultimately the most important aspect of the ritual. The process was great. Going into the wood shop was a mind-blowing experience. I wouldn't trade it for anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment